Vacancy: Head Teacher September 2022
Overview: An exciting opportunity to join a new independent school that is going into its second year of operation. The King Alfred school is a school with a real strong sense of community and purpose. The school offers its students small class sizes so individual talents can be nurtured. Our first year of operation has been a real success and we are now in a position to recruit more team members.
This position offers a unique opportunity to revive the long-lost heritage of Classical Christian Education in England by joining a team of enthusiastic parents and teachers to help establish the country’s first Classical Christian school. Our ideal candidate will be a qualified teacher who has taught in a primary school or perhaps someone who has studied Theology and understands the importance of discipleship.
This position has come about as the current headteacher is looking to share the running of the school with someone who can be relied upon to maintain its vision and mission and can help lead a new school in the right direction.
Salary and hours:
Salary and days are flexible for the right candidate, we will consider a part time position. Please note: we are a small independent school therefore salary at this stage will be reflective of this. 37 weeks per year term time only. 1 year minimum contract.
TLR: There are opportunities for teaching and learning responsibilities and career progression for suitable candidates.
Holidays: The King Alfred School offers an impressive 14 weeks holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
The candidate will carry out headship duties and work closely with the current headteacher, school directors and governing board to ensure The King Alfred school is striving for excellence in all areas of school life. The Headteacher is responsible for complying with all independent school standards and must understand and be able to implement them at all times. The headteacher must lead a team of teachers and organise short medium and long terms plans of the school.
The King Alfred School is pioneering classical Christian education in the United Kingdom; therefore, it is imperative as the flagship school that we have a strong team of leaders that have high standards and model the Christian virtues we wish to develop in our students. This position would be ideal for someone who has previous Ofsted and school experience, it may be suited to someone who is highly skilled but wishes to work in a smaller environment that is set up to nourish the soul on all that is good, true and beautiful.
This post carries a genuine occupational requirement to be a Christian as defined under the Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations 2003.
- Possesses suitable qualifications.
- Has a strong work ethic with a can-do attitude.
- Can demonstrate initiative and is resourceful.
- Has a good understanding of the curriculum and age-related expectations for EYFS plus Key stages 1 and 2.
- Acts as a team player and is willing to support others.
- Knowledgeable in the area of Classical Education or has the willingness to learn.
- Demonstrates good Biblical knowledge and applies it to everyday life.
- Values our cultural heritage and is familiar with the great books of the Western canon.
- Exhibits strong classroom management skills.
- Has a passion for teaching and learning.
- Genuinely loves and cares for students.
- Promotes high standards of expectations for students.
- Holds Qualified Teacher Status.
- Has management experience.
- Has received a classical education or has taught at a Classical Christian School.
Apply: Please apply for this position by emailing the Headteacher to request an application form: HBowen@thekingalfredschool.co.uk Subject: Head Vacancy.
Closing Date: 26TH June 2022
Interview Date 5th July 2022